Sunday 3 July 2011

Non Search and Challenger Cruise

I had an extremely early wake up call yesterday morning, when I got a call to go on a search for a missing boat at Moose Lake, Manitoba. The phone range at 4:55 am, and I was out at the airport by 6 am. Not long after getting to the airport, the missing boat and people were found, all unharmed, apparently, and the search was stood down.

















In the evening, I took my Challenger ultralight for a flip, something I haven't been able to do much this year. It was a beautiful clear evening, and very smooth. I took off just before 9 pm, and did some local flying around Oak Bank. I spotted two hot air balloons at the south end of Winnipeg, so I flew toward them, just to have a little look. One balloon had just set down in a field, and the ground crew was already on scene to help collapse the bag. The other was a bit further south, just crossing the floodway (photo above). I hung around for a few minutes, and then headed back to Oak Bank.



Before calling it an evening, I did a few circuits, and took this shot of Oak Bank airfield, with the town behind it.




No comments: