Saturday 19 January 2008

Friday and Saturday

Friday
It's a bit chilly out today, but I got to spend some time outside doing an interview with Global News. They were doing a segment on what to do if you're trapped in your car in the cold, so I gave them - Nicole Dube and her cameraman - a CASARA perspective. Unfortunately they edited out my best suggestion, to put a tarp on the roof, but they did show three quotes, and put me in the lead, too. So for twenty five minutes outside, they got about thirty seconds of me. Hardly seems worth the frostbite.
Saturday
We were supposed to fly out to Delta Marsh, where Dr Jill Oakes runs her winter survival course. U of M students, and others, learn about Inuit life, and build igloos on Lake Manitoba, where they spend the night. CASARA flies over to demonstrate what a search airplane would do, and to give the students practice in signalling. Unfortunately, and ironically, it was too cold for us to fly today, so I just worked around the Training Centre all day.

No comments: